This Grade 9 ELA Module 2, Unit 2, Lesson 15 lesson plan also includes:
The terrible truth begins to come out in a lesson that focuses on the final act of Sophocles' Oedipus the King. As ninth graders collect evidence that details the origin of Oedipus, and how his birth relates to the prophecy everyone tried to avoid, they reflect on the ways that these new details contribute to the play's central theme.
- Project the graphic organizer onto the board to model the best way to choose appropriate data
- Encourage individuals to create a timeline detailing the past events that the characters describe, as well as the developments in the present time
- The 15th of 20 lessons in a unit focused on literary analysis
- Comes with both a blank and a model collection tool for learners to keep track of important details
- Provides a full text version of the play