This Grade 9 ELA Module 2, Unit 2, Lesson 19 lesson plan also includes:
Now that readers can see the full scope of Sophocles' Oedipus the King, they can draw connections between the dramatic ending and the textual evidence found throughout the Greek tragedy. As they prepare for the unit assessment writing prompt, learners look over their annotations and notes from the unit to establish a claim about the central theme.
- Project the blank evidence collection tool to help class members prepare for the writing assignment
- Encourage peers to trade brainstorms and rough drafts, and to engage in editing before crafting the final draft
- Refer to the graphic organizers located in previous lessons or in the full module overview
- The 19th lesson of a 20-part unit
- Comes with a graphic organizer to track relevant evidence
- Provides a full unit and module overview