This Grade 9 ELA Module 2, Unit 2, Lesson 5 lesson plan also includes:
Oedipus may be the king, but he certainly does not rule—or see—all. Analyze his interaction with Teiresias in a lesson focused on the central idea of Sophocles' Oedipus the King. As pairs of ninth graders discuss Oedipus' interpretation of truth, they prepare to connect as a larger group and share their conclusions. Additionally, they note their responses in a Quick Write prompt about what Oedipus can and cannot see.
- Use the established norms for discussion and expand the roles of group members to include the collection of evidence
- Connect to a social studies unit on ancient Greece
- You can find the necessary graphic organizers for evidence collection and analysis in the previous lessons, or in the full unit resource
- Includes the full unit and module files in the attached materials
- Varies the discussion format to which learners may be accustomed