This Grade 9 ELA Module 2, Unit 2, Lesson 7 lesson plan also includes:
The accusations begin in Sophocles' Oedipus the King, with troublemakers and enemies abound. As learners delve deeply into the sights unseen, they review textual evidence from their readings to write about the importance of timing in the play, paying particular attention to Creon's entrance.
- Have your class write about a time they wrongly accused someone of an offense, or about a time they were wrongly accused
- Collect the Quick Writes as a short check for understanding
- There are some grammar mistakes in the lesson plans, but not in any pages you'll distribute to class members
- Lesson requires a few assessment tools that are not available in the resource, but can be found in the main module file or previous lessons
- Encourages learner to make connections between text structure and the central idea
- Discussion questions are thought-provoking