This Grade 9 ELA Module 3, Unit 1, Lesson 4 lesson plan also includes:
Can dogs feel shame? Explore the anthropomorphic connection between human emotions and animal behavior—or lack thereof—with a lesson about Temple Grandin's book, Animals in Translation. Ninth graders continue a close reading of chapter 1, noting the ways that Grandin uses evidence to support her claim that being autistic allows her to understand animal behavior on a unique level.
- Expand the lesson with an extended research project on any of the points Grandin makes about animal rights
- Set up small groups to discuss last night's reading before beginning the formal discussion questions
- The fourth lesson in a ten-part unit
- Includes a model tracking tool; refer to the attached module overview to find the blank version
- Homework assignments prompt learners to consider related topics that interest them
- Comes with a model tracking tool for the selected pages