Focusing on a specific inquiry and area of investigation, ninth graders continue their research projects and portfolios based on Temple Grandin's Animals in Translation and their own questions. The lesson guides readers through the research process, which includes honing inquiries and asking five additional questions about their desired subject.
- Provide multiple copies of the checklist for learners to modify and keep in their language arts binders
- Have class members rotate through discussion groups to vet their questions and gather feedback to inform the research process
- The second lesson in a 12-part series
- Based on the previous unit and its materials, but could exist independently with some modifications
- Comes with a research plan for learners, which includes steps for the research process, process outcomes, and associated materials
- Provides a blank checklist for specific inquiry questions, which is versatile for any research project