Ninth graders hone their research questions in a lesson that focuses on accurate search engine techniques. Continuing a unit on inquiry-based learning based on Temple Grandin's Animals in Translation, the lesson guides learners through the research process, from searching for the most relevant sources, validating those sources, and garnering the best possible information.
- Adapt the research process for individuals, pairs, or small groups, depending on the class's research skills
- Encourage learners to display their electronic portfolios with a document viewer, or to show their paper portfolios with a document camera
- Requires library and Internet access
- The third lesson in a 12-part unit, which is the second unit in the module
- Versatile for other areas of investigation as well
- Provides helpful instruction hints in blue