Get your young journalists above the fold with a set of lessons about newspapers. Kids focus on writing articles using the 5 Ws before creating a slide show presentation and blog entry to publish their writing.
54 Views 33 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Make the newspaper a year-long activity, where kids can write articles about events from the year and continuously update
- Part of the lesson requires access to computers (specifically a laptop cart) and the Internet, but you could modify this part based on your access to technology
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides links to models of articles written by kids
- Includes ways for kids to publish their work electronically