Weight is a function of the distance from sea level. Learners explore the many implications of this fact in an inquiry-based task. Given the function, pupils answer questions before manipulating the function to rewrite the distance from sea level as a function of weight.
- Have pupils graph the weight function and interpret its shape
- Use as a task exploring the composition of functions
- Expects experience with both rational and quadratic expressions
- Provides editable documents
- Incorporates real-life content within the scope of the algebraic concepts