Have you ever wanted to turn off gravity? This simulation allows learners to do just that in addition to altering other variables. Scholars can move the sun, Earth, moon, and space station to see how distance affects gravitational pull. Then they change the mass of the star and planet to see the relationship between mass and gravitational force.
- For kinetic learners, use a lamp as the sun and have pupils pretend they are Earth to demonstrate how it orbits the sun
- Requires the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer 10+
- Assumes prior knowledge of the distance between the sun, Earth, moon, and the space station
- Includes links to 10 lesson plans for a variety of related topics
- Translates into 17 different languages
- Allows for the addition of force vectors, a grid, and other tools during the simulation