How would you feel if you made a scientific discovery and weren't recognized because of your gender? Mary Anning basically founded paleontology, but she could never publish her own discoveries. From discovering how to clean fossils and previously undiscovered species, she was a pioneer in her field.
- Research other female scientists who weren't allowed to publish ideas in their time
- Discover which countries still will not allow women to become scientists
- Remember YouTube comments are often filled with words not appropriate to display in the classroom
- Video is the sixth in a 25-part series
- Includes many cross-curricular connections to women's rights, history, science, and more
- Provides closed captioning for those who are hearing impaired