This Green Eggs and ...Economics? lesson plan also includes:
"I do not like them in a boat, I do not like them with a goat!" - Dr. Seuss ... the economist? Scholars use four different children's books by Dr. Seuss to analyze microeconomic concepts. Group presentations and research help them better understand simple economic concepts through simple stories. "Oh the places we'll go!" after using a fun, informative instructional activity.
- Laminate large photos of the Dr. Seuss and place them in the front of the room during the unit
- Read an excerpt from each book aloud to begin the lesson and generate excitement
- Store Dr. Seuss books, poster boards, and materials in same location for multiple days' use
- Resource allows for online access as well as links for printable materials
- Includes teacher-suggested responses in the lesson