This Green House? lesson plan also includes:
A solid foundation is important for all things—especially houses. Learners research different materials for foundations based on environmental impact and cost. They decide whether concrete, insulated concrete, or wood would be best for their dream houses.
- Have pupils research any recent developments in home building
- Decide whether or not to provide calculators to the class when calculating means
- Builds on previous lesson as this is the 13th installment of a 16-part series
- Incorporates several different math concepts into the lesson
- Provides a table containing information on each of the three building materials under consideration