Ground-truthing ... is it even a word? The last installment of a five-part series analyzes how scientists collect sea surface temperature data. Scholars use government websites to compare temperature data collected directly from buoys and remotely using satellite imagery.
- Allow the class to choose their own locations to investigate
- Request time in a computer lab, as you need both Internet access and printers for the activity
- The lesson uses the same website as in the previous lesson; it is possible to combine portions of the two activities into one lab if time is an issue
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Resource has tables for learners to organize their data
- Teacher guide includes a list of websites for additional information
- Links are outdated/broken