This Heart and Lungs activity & project also includes:
With a partner, youngsters measure their pulse and breathing rates, both at rest and after running in place for a minute. While this activity is not novel, the lesson plan includes a large-scale classroom graphing activity and other resources that bring in an interdisciplinary aspect.
- Adaptations suggested for younger learners
- Critical thinking questions provided for discussion
- Interdisciplinary components address health, language arts, and math
- A student data sheet and projectable slides guide learners through the breathing and pulse counts
- Data sheet also comes in Spanish