This Heart Rate and Exercise lesson plan also includes:
Teach your exercise enthusiasts to read their pulse rate at the radial artery and multiply by four to calculate beats per minute. Learners perform a variety of activities, recording their heart rates after one minute of each. Though this is a classic activity when studying the heart, this particular resource will keep your heart rate in check as you prepare!
- For an extension activity, discuss how the blood is affected by space travel
- Great for a physical education class, anatomy class, or when discussing the human body in biology
- Thoroughly written teacher's notes
- Accompanying handout is colorful and detailed
- Provides extensive background information and a detailed lab sheet