This Henna Hand Designs Art Lesson: Make a Unique Self-Portrait activity & project also includes:
- Graphic & Image
- Join to access all included materials
Explore the art and cultural significance of henna hand designs. You engage the class by providing background information that describes who, what, where, when, and why henna designs are used. Then, the class uses the included templates to create a henna self-portrait. They trace their hands and use the symbolic designs to create an image of a hand that represents who they are. This is a neat idea that can easily fit into any lesson on history, art, culture and traditions, or symbolism.
- Includes great pictures and design templates
- Fun and engaging art project
- Could be extended to include research into henna design and purpose
- Additional reference links included