This How a Sailboat Works: Hull Speed and Buoyancy lesson plan also includes:
How can you determine the maximum speed of a sailboat? A sailing presentation included with a straightforward lesson plan prompts learners to calculate the maximum speed of a sailboat with a displacement hull. The presentation continues with a brief description of buoyancy.
- Use the supplemental resources as extension activities
- Research activities dealing with stability and buoyancy in order to provide the class practice for building a stable hull
- Depending upon the grade level, pupils may not know how to take square roots yet
- The fifth lesson in a seven-part series
- The presentation allows the class to practice calculating hull speed
- The link for Education.com Archimedes Principle does not work