This How Do Human Rights Work? lesson plan also includes:
Do human rights apply to children? Scholars learn of three children asking for help to determine their rights and how to handle specific situations. Class members must research any laws pertaining to the requested right and how the children's approach to getting these international laws enforced is different.
- Create a Venn diagram comparing the UK Human Rights Act, the European Convention on Human Rights, and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Relies on prior knowledge of the Holocaust as well as information from the previous lessons in the series
- Site is based out of Great Britain and may include content applicable only to GB
- Ninth lesson in a 12-part series
- Presents real situations from around the world
- Includes extension ideas incorporating many cross-curricular connections