This How "Grand" and "Allied" Was the Grand Alliance? lesson plan also includes:
Learn more about the Grand Alliance with a scaffolded lesson plan that includes four activities. Class members use primary sources to complete a map exercise, understand the goals and objectives of each individual nation, and participate in a lively class discussion.
- To extend learning during activity four, turn a general discussion into a debate where each group's perspectives emulate their particular country's interest
- Differentiate the lesson for GATE learners by having them reenact The Postdam Conference in groups of three, where each is assigned the role of a particular president
- Pupils must understand how to deal with primary sources before implementing the lesson plan; provided links with activities to develop primary source skills help with understanding but teacher may need to scaffold
- While s the first in a series of four lessons, it is also good as a standalone
- The lesson provides everything needed for preparation, from assessments to learning objectives and how to extend the lesson
- Activities flow cohesively and allow for educators to begin with the basics before providing more complex activities