This How Polarity Makes Water Behave Strangely video also includes:
Water is common? Not really! Learn how the polarity of the water molecule gives it tremendous properties that make is quite unique in the universe. Learners will understand surface tension, adhesion, and cohesion, as well as why these properties are important to life. The narrator neatly breaks down the concepts, while cute little anthropomorphic water molecules and electrons act out their parts. Consider having your physical or earth scientists view the video as homework and write out their answers to the Think questions to turn in.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Dig Deeper feature links to reading articles, experiments, and a virtual lab on the properties of water
- Adaptable to Common Core State Standards when used in conjunction with printed text on the same subject
- Visually appealing video graphics and lively narration
- Lesson is customizable: you can add your own additional resources, rewrite the introduction, or design your own Think questions