What's the difference between the main idea of a text and the topic? Take kids through the process of literary analysis with a presentation about finding the main idea and supporting details. Additionally, it guides learners through examples and techniques for finding the important details.
- Use in a unit about finding the main ideas in informational text or literature, whichever is more relevant to your curriculum
- Have kids view the presentation on their own, prepared to discuss what they learned in class the next day, to create a flipped classroom assignment
- There is a lot of text on each slide
- Comes with a slide full of additional resources and materials to use
- Provides a summary of the presentation at the end
- Includes examples from films and books that kids will recognize