This How to Spot a Counterfeit Bill video also includes:
Did you know that at any one moment in the United States, millions of dollars in circulation could actually be fake? Build commerce and chemistry acumen, and discover the tools needed to spot counterfeit currency.
38 Views 21 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- As an extension assignment, have pupils research the origin and evolution of bills as currency in the United States, or the ways in which counterfeit currency can affect the national economy
- Students would benefit from having knowledge of molecules and polymer structures before viewing
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Also reviews the chemistry of the compounds found in bills
- Customize the online assessment, additional resources, and discussion