This How We Think Complex Cells Evolved video also includes:
Being able to absorb the abilities of other life forms may seem like something taken from a superhero movie, but sometimes reality is stranger than fiction. Join the narrator as he takes viewers back billions of years to investigate how the process of endosymbiosis allowed simple prokaryotes to absorb other microorganisms, leading eventually to the complex plant and animal cells we see today.
- Integrate the video into a biology unit on eukaryotic cells
- Flip your biology classroom by assigning the video and short assessment as a homework exercise, holding a class discussion in class the following day
- Create a vocabulary worksheet for students to complete as they watch the video
- Teachers have the option of creating their own customized lesson based on the video
- Fun animations help to engage viewers and support the needs of visual learners
- Includes a short assessment with five multiple choice and three free-response questions