Start a 10-Day Free Trial to Unlock the Full Review
Why Lesson Planet?
Find quality lesson planning resources, fast!
Share & remix collections to collaborate.
Organize your curriculum with collections. Easy!
Have time to be more creative & energetic with your students!
When a levee fails, it means disaster. Introduce your class to hurricanes and the technologies used to help protect against them. The included presentation provides background information using Hurricane Katrina as a reference.
22 Views 15 Downloads NGSS: Designed
- Have the class research different hurricanes and compare them based upon strength, damage, and preventative structures in the area
- Develop a compare and contrast chart to analyze differences between tornadoes, hurricanes, and tsunamis
- Review the story of Katrina to answer questions that may arise during the lesson
- The 9th in a 12-part series
- The plan provides background information for the teacher in order to understand hurricanes
- The resource contains presenter notes for many of the slides
- The teacher directions are unclear
- All About Levees (PDF)
- All About Levees (PPT)