This I Made It. I Own It. Please Don't Steal It. handout & reference also includes:
Explore the world of copyright law with a variety of activities to instill the importance of respecting creative property. Scholars watch an animated tale then take part in a grand conversation detailing the video's main idea, details, and how they would react if they were in the same position as the characters. Extend the learning experience through storyboards, song and story writing, poster making, and Lego building.
- Flip your classroom; assign the video link as homework the night prior to the day you plan on teaching the lesson
- Create a gallery in your classroom that pupils can browse when time permits; remind learners that art is meant to be appreciated not stolen
- If applicable, coordinate with the art or music teacher to aid in the creative portion of the lesson
- Pages look best printed in color
- Detailed background knowledge is provided
- Activities open dialogue and spark creativity