This Immigration to America: Stories and Travels interactive also includes:
- Student Activity
- Application of Mary Yee for Return Certificate
- Authorization for Return of Filipino to Manila, Philippine Islands
- Certificate of Arrival for Stephan Sevestian Bondareff
- Richard Arvay's Identification Form
- Intelligence Report on the Boat "America"
- Petition for Naturalization for Maria Garcia
- President Lyndon B. Johnson Signing the Immigration Act
- Join to access all included materials
An eye-opening activity uses documents and photos to help academics understand the factors that pushed or pulled immigrants to America. Young historians group photos based on a push or pull factor, then complete a worksheet. Scholars also compare 1924 immigration policies to those of President Johnson's administration.
- Guide a group discussion on learners' experiences with immigration, such as a grandparent moving to America
- Compare immigration polices during President Johnson's administration to present day
- Must have Internet access to complete the activity
- Activity can be completed individually, in pairs, or groups
- The resource uses primary images to enhance engagement