A lack of good sleep weakens your immune system by making you more susceptible to infections and making recovery time longer. Video 45 in a series of 47 focuses on the immune system. Pupils hear how the body defends itself, from its physical barriers (skin, hairs in nose, mucous) to our internal cellular armies. The narrator pulls all of these together and explores how they work when someone slips on a banana peel.
- Create a scenario in which someone is hurt or sick and allow pairs to write how the body will respond to keep the person healthy
- Due to the speed at which the narrator speaks, turn on closed captioning so all pupils can follow along and learn concepts
- Video shows terms, definition, and some quotes to emphasize their importance and hit two learning styles — auditory and visual; teachers may want to pause at these points to allow classes to take notes, ask questions, and discuss concepts
- Narrator's wittiness keeps classes engaged
- Show the video in many different languages by turning on auto-translate