Explicitly explain how to use implicit differentiation. Using a trigonometric function defined using y and x, the resource works through an example of implicit differentiation to explain the process. The 19th video in a 31-part series continues to find the derivative using the product rule and solving for the derivative of y.
- Conduct a mini-lesson on how implicit differentiation and explicit differentiation are similar and different
- Individuals should know how to find the derivatives of trigonometric functions
- Pupils need to know the product rule
- Uses colors to highlight expressions in the differentiation process
- Makes connections to explicit differentiation during the procedure