This Informed Citizenship—Civil Rights lesson plan also includes:
To launch a study of civil rights, class members brainstorm rules and expectations of behaviors at home, in school, in the workplace, and in sports. They then look at civil rights cases and examine the rules embedded in these cases.
3 Views 3 Downloads
- Have class members compare the expectations of Canadian citizens with those of their own country
- Although based on the Canadian Charter of Civil Rights and Freedoms, the concepts are appropriate for any classroom
- All of the civil rights cases available through the resource are Canadian
- The packet includes suggestions for differentiated instruction
- Instructors will have to research comparable cases in their countries