This Insects Tell It Again!™ Read-Aloud Anthology unit plan also includes:
A read-aloud anthology explores the world of bees, wasps, beetles, termites, ants, fireflies, and more. Scholars listen to stories and discuss topics and practice word work. Extension opportunities keep the learning going in and out of the classroom. Assessments show what pupils know.
- Fill your classroom library with stories about insects
- Go on a nature walk around campus, and bring magnifying glasses for pupils to watch insects closely
- The eighth unit in a series of 12 by Core Knowledge is designed for second graders
- Requires projection, copies, and time to gather lesson-specific materials
- Combines English language arts with science, making an interdisciplinary learning experience
- The unit comes with plenty of detail and helpful information to make implementing it easier