Finding the area of a rectangle is the focus of this metric worksheet. Here, mathematicians use their knowledge of finding the area of a shape in meters to discover how much material can fit inside a shape.
5 Views 5 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Add pounds to dollars money conversion to the lesson when referring to the cost of insulation
- Search for images of a loft in the United Kingdom to add visual context to the problem
- Copies are required
- This lesson is from the UK; the pound money sign is used when talking about prices
- Learners should be familiar with the metric system and how to find the area of a rectangle
- Word problems enable critical thinking through real-world situations