This Integer Exponents lesson plan also includes:
Fold, fold, and fold some more. In the first installment of a 35-part module, young mathematicians fold a piece of paper in half until it can not be folded any more. They use the results of this activity to develop functions for the area and thickness of the paper in terms of the number of folds.
- Challenge pupils to perform the folding activity with different types of material
- Internet access is necessary to view videos
- The class should already have experience with exponential functions
- Includes links to videos on paper folding
- Teacher resource has scaffolding tips for struggling learners