Women today enjoy many rights, privileges, and opportunities not afforded to generations past—but there is still work to be done. Learn about International Women's Day with a short video that details the historical path toward equality and prompts class members to think about women whom they admire.
- Have learners watch the video independently, either at home or on individual school devices, and write down three facts they learned about women's history
- Pair with a project in which small groups research and present on a famous (or not-so-famous) woman in history
- International Women's Day is March 8th
- Final question in the video serves as an excellent writing or discussion prompt
- Download link allows offline access to the video