This Introducing Ecosystem Services lesson plan also includes:
Ecosystems provide many things humans not only use but also need in order to survive. The last instructional activity in the series of seven introduces scholars to the idea of ecosystem services, that ecosystems provide humans with many things we need. Groups analyze a picture and answer questions, determining what specific things ecosystems provide us with and learning about the different types.
- Include one of the four extension suggestions as homework
- Projecting the painting for the class to see will allow for better discussion and on-task behaviors
- Activity is appropriate for sixth graders as well
- Lesson provides worksheets, a painting to analyze, background information, and extension ideas
- Activity requires few materials