This Introduction to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights lesson plan also includes:
Many people don't realize that all people on the planet are entitled to certain inalienable rights. Scholars discuss the subject with the first of four lessons in the Introduction to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights series. Partners use a think-pair-share to analyze how the topic applies to their own lives. Learners also make lists of people who do not enjoy basic human rights.
- Provide a plain language version or guide students in paraphrasing the document
- Ask individuals to discuss what rights to add to the list
- Resource aligns to Common Core College and Career Readiness Standards
- Includes thoughtful discussion questions
- Provides clear lesson objectives