Is today's food less nutritious? Veritasium explores the research and the reasons some scientists now consider food nutrient-deficient. The video also considers possible causes and whether the human population should be concerned.
14 Views 13 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Discuss if fertilizers add the nutrients to the soil that plants need, that humans need from the plants, or both
- Predict how the changing nutrition of foods will alter future recommendations for eating 100 or 200 years from now
- Relies on prior knowledge of the nutrients needed to support human life
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides closed captioning for easier note taking
- Connects to the concepts of eating seasonally and locally