Spring into elastic potential energy with a lesson that provides background information on determining the elastic potential energy of springs and other elastic materials. General energy equations emphasize the conservation of energy and provide the basis for problems the class solves.
- Provide several sample problems for the class to do involving the energy equations
- The class should have already studied Hooke's Law
- Review the energy equations and be sure to understand the step between each of them
- The fifth installment in an eight-part series
- The lesson plan includes a link to a video to use as a hook to the lecture
- The assessment section has an open-ended group quiz at the end of the lesson
- There are no sample problems to assist with creating problems for the class to work