This Journalism Lesson Plan lesson plan also includes:
Honor women in journalism with an online exhibit called Women with a Deadline. Class members demonstrate their understanding of the topic in a final assessment by writing a newspaper article on the information they learned in the online exhibit.
20 Views 15 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have learners explore the computer lab activity at home as a flipped classroom assignment, or in class with a partner
- Resource assumes pupils are familiar with parts of a newspaper, as well as what the First Amendment is and why it was written
- Tailor the lesson to meet specific classroom time constraints
- Best used during Women's History Month or in a newspaper course
- The resource comes with a complete detailed plan, worksheets and links for the activity, guidelines for Jigsaw Method, links for further exploration on the topic, and an assessment activity