How does the Supreme Court change the law of the United States? Scholars analyze the concept of judicial review in the United States using the 21st video in a 50-part series on government and politics. Brief yet informative, it helps viewers understand how the highest court in the land reviews the Constitution. Discussion and opinions spur further thought as to the role judicial review plays in the legal system of the United States and, ultimately, the role of the Supreme Court.
- Create a Supreme Court in the classroom and use judicial review to analyze a current law
- Extend the lesson with research on the use of judicial review by the Supreme Court
- Requires audio and visual technology for the entire class to access lesson
- Resource includes a thought bubble that animates the concepts of the lesson
- Excellent for audio and visual learners