This Juliet 2: Feisty, Funny and Determined video also includes:
One of the reasons Romeo and Juliet remains popular over time is the fact that teenagers relate to the main characters. A lesson, part of the Shakespeare English Exercises series, discusses the character of Juliet. While watching the video, English language learners complete exercises that check for understanding, and then learn about prepositions.
- Pull out excerpts from the play and ask learners to describe Juliet's character
- Create a chart where teens describe how they connect to the characters in Romeo and Juliet
- Expects students have read or at least know of the characters in the play Romeo and Juliet
- Uses an actress who has played Juliet to offer a unique point of view
- Connects the content to common issues teenagers face
- Video features some pauses and switches topics abruptly in some places