What came first, pedestrian one or pedestrian two? Scholars consider a problem scenario in which two people walk at different rates at different times. They must decide who reaches a checkpoint first. Their answers are likely to surprise them!
- Create as a collaborative activity; ask groups to model their solution methods
- Encourage learners to create multiple representations to support their conclusions
- Expects an understanding of rate of change
- Adaptable to different grade levels and subjects
- Open-ended to allow multiple solution methods