This Keeping Warm in the Cold lesson plan also includes:
Bundle up to stay warm! A fun-filled investigation opens with a group discussion about heat loss and using materials to prevent it. Young scientists then view an animation about thermometers and the Celsius scale and practice reading thermometers before working collaboratively with different materials to design a coat that effectively reduces heat loss. They wrap up with a final video that summarizes how coats trap heat.
- Have class members complete a Round Robin chart
- Implement checks for understanding such as Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down
- Requires advanced prep and material collection
- Installment five in a six-part series
- Builds proficiency with basic lab instruments
- Includes information to extend the learning