Rumor has it exponential functions help solve problems! In a kingdom filled with rumors, young scholars must determine the speed a rumor spreads. The ultimate goal is to decide how many people must know the rumor for it to spread to the entire kingdom in 10 days.
- Incorporate as a performance task during a unit on exponential functions
- Encourage those having difficulties to create a table or graph to model the data
- Expects a familiarity with exponential patterns
- Presents the resources in editable documents
- Expects learners to use higher-order thinking strategies