This King Lear Teacher Pack 2010 activity & project also includes:
- Reading Passage
- Join to access all included materials
Every production of Shakespeare's plays is different—the director and designer must decide upon a theme. For his 2010 production, David Farr and his team decided to emphasize the conflicts that follow a regime change. The materials in a 13-page education pack, prompt young thespians to tackle the same theme as well as the challenges faced by the design team. Groups create the missing letters and their behind the scenes story. To deal plainly, this is a great resource.
- Have groups select a theme they feel will resonate with today's audiences and design the set and costumes that will underscore this theme
- The 13-page packet was designed to accompany the Royal Shakespeare Company's 2010 production of the play
- Includes copies of the edited script of Act I, scene 4 used in the productions
- Each activity is described in detail with step-by-step directions