Mathematics involves a study of patterns. The exploratory lesson has learners consider the addition pattern in different sets of numbers. Each set has a different pattern that pupils describe mathematically. The patterns involve both positive and negative integers.
- Incorporate as a collaborative class activity
- Have groups create rules for different situations and present their rules to the class
- Expects proficiency with addition and subtraction of integers
- Adaptable to different grade levels
- Includes a detailed answer key with explanations