This Learn about Fables worksheet also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Expose young readers to a new genre of fiction with a short reading passage. After learning about fables, children identify the main idea and supporting details in preparation for writing a short summary. Read the text as a class, discussing the main idea and supporting details as a whole group, or have learners work independently. Use this resource to introduce a unit on fables, or as practice identifying main ideas and supporting details in order to write summaries.
- Reading passage provides a clear description of fables with supporting examples
- Includes a sentence frame to help young writers begin their summaries
- Text includes very short, fragmented sentence structure
- Requires additional scaffolding to support students with writing summaries