This Lesson 2- Costume Design activity & project also includes:
Clothes might not make the man but they certainly do help an actor create a character. How costume designers employ the same elements of design found in sets (line, color, texture, shape) to realize a character is the focus of a lesson meant for theatre arts students.
- Collect and post about the classroom images of a variety of costumes
- Assign groups to research and craft presentations about famous costume designers
- Presumes students have a basic understanding of how to research the era of the play and how to analyze the characters they will be dressing
- Designers should also understand color theory
- The second in a three-part series
- Includes video interviews with award winning designers who created the costumes for Wicked and Sweeney Todd