This Lesson 4: Relationships - Day 2: Gender Identification lesson plan also includes:
Gender roles and gender identity are the focus of a lesson designed for high school special education classes. Read the introduction to the packet carefully, as it contains advice about how to approach the subject with your classes.
55 Views 38 Downloads
- Read through the entire packet before deciding to use this resource
- The lesson attempts to establish gender norms while respecting the different types of gender expression, and comes with a caution to proceed only with the guidance of a mental health professional who is familiar with gender identification
- Part of a series of lessons, designed to be used in order, that focuses on family life and sexual health
- The packet includes flash cards, worksheets, suggested activities, and cautions about using the lesson
- While learning to recognize frequently used gender symbols is important, the issues surrounding gender identity are inadequately addressed