This Life of a Private Lesson Plan lesson plan also includes:
- Jeremiah Greenman
- Letter from Thomas Nelson, Jr. to Baron von Steuben
- Witnesses to Revolution: Jeremiah Greenman
- What Supplies Did Continental Soldiers Receive?
- What Challenges Did the Continental Army Face?
- Life of a Private Background Essay
- Jeremiah Greenman - Biography
- Join to access all included materials
In order to understand the challenges the Continental Army faced during the American Revolution, class members analyze primary source materials including a soldier's journal and an officer's letter, and watch a short reenactment video.
3 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Project and discuss an image of Emanuel Leutze's 1851 painting, "Washington Crossing the Delaware"
- Part of a series on the American Revolution in which each lesson addresses a supporting question and prepares scholars to answer the unit's essential question
- The soldier's letter details the harsh conditions the soldiers had to endure